Back To The Beginning
A minute –
Seems too little,
Sixty seconds –
Are actually enough when one’s centered.
When it becomes difficult to trim down,
Return to the basics,
And begin from the beginning.
Ask the very elementary questions,
And you will realise the most profound truths.
Stop at the essentials –
It’s laughable how little we really need to be happy.
Dwell a second longer –
“I need this”
“I want that”
Soon: “I must have everything”
And nothing will ever be enough.
Creation is rooted in love,
And love needs no elaboration.
At the end of the day,
What matters most to you?
Just start there- where you want to finish.
Some thoughts to ponder upon:
- Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication.
- The best things in life are basic.
- Getting back to basics is the simplest way to find calm in the chaos.
- The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.-Paulo Coelho
- Going back to the basics strengthens your foundation.
- Food, clothing and shelter-these are the basic needs. Beyond that, if you want anything, it is the beginning of self- deception.(U.G Krishnamurti)
- The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.- Lin Yutang
- There is more to life than increasing its speed.
- When I talk of reality, I am always thinking of essentials. Profundity is not located in some remote, inaccessible region. It is rooted in everyday life.-Antoni Tapies
- It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.-Antoine de Saint Exupery
- The most basic form of human stupidity is forgetting what we are trying to accomplish.- Friedrich Nietzsch
Honest feedback and suggestions highly appreciated. Like, comment and share.